Sunday, April 18, 2010

FIFA Wolrd Cup Official Licensed Sticker Album


Finally, the FIFA World Cup album was released! It has been a big hit here in Brazil since 2002, all manufactured under license by PANINI. I personally love the album because I'm a big fan of the World Cup and always enjoy my self watching it. I cheer and cry for Brazil( my nation) while it battles lion-heartedly to bring the World Cup home, as many Brazilians and people from other nations do as well. Football is the most famous sport in the world and its home is Brazil, that is probably why the FIFA World Cup album was a big hit here. The album costs R$3,90 and each envelope( comes with5 stickers) costs R$0,75. At the last World Cup(2006) its gains were estimated around R$ 75,000,000, (10,000,000 envelopes)and were only surpassed by Germany, whihc housed the event.
The reason it makes so much success in my opinion is because of the magic in football. Even those who don't like football are overwhlemed by it during the World Cup and cannot resist watching their nations' match. These phenomenon( if I can call it that way) can occur by two reasons, 1) The person really gets in the mood by the excitement around him, or 2) He/she feels left out since 99% of the people are watching. Thus, I have a theory that the same happens with the album. I saw many people who do not present interest for football, collecting the stickers for their albums. It is a funny thing.

3 comments:

  1. great writing jão
    you are on the right track HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, would you say that sticker collecting people who don't normally like football are phonies?

    ReplyDelete